Thursday, August 16, 2012

Very Sad Day!

Today I attended the funeral of one of my sweet little firsties from last year. She very tragically drown last week. It's been a hard week. I didn't realize that last May when I hugged her good-bye, it was really good-bye forever. Most kiddos you see the next year in school or many years later at the store or on a ride at the amusement park or even end up teaching their little ones. This is the first one I've lost and it stinks! I found an awesome book to give the family.
This is the best book about how to grieve. It is for all ages from 4 to adults. My little one has a twin sister which makes it even more sad. I hope the book will help the family get through this horrible loss. 
I hope no one has to go through losing one of their sweet little students. They are all so special in their own unique way.



10 comments:

Shelley said...

That is heart breaking Sheree! I am so sorry to hear that happened. :(

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

I'm crying just reading your words!
SO SORRY!!!

Traci Clausen said...

Devastating... :(
I'm so sorry.

Deb said...

My heart is so sad for her family and for you. Hugs and prayers, sweet friend.

Oh My Little Classity Class

Tanya said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That kind of loss, of a young child, is more painful than most people can imagine. Just this past July I had a similar experience. One of my little firsties from last year was tragically shot and killed over the 4th of July weekend. Just thinking about it even now makes me teary. You were very kind to give the family such a precious little book. You are in my prayers, I know how hard this loss is. I of course also send my thoughts and prayers out to the family.
Tanya
First Grade is Fantabulous!

Amanda said...

I am so sorry to hear about that. Thoughts go out to you, the family, and friends. Such a sad way to end the summer...

Amanda
First Grade Garden

Classroom Ponderings said...


The loss of any child is so very tragic and I understand that this is a loss for you as well as her family and friends. I have experienced the loss of a student through a terminal illness and it is hard to bear the thought of them not growing up. Thoughts are with you and the family
Tania
Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

Barbara said...

Oh wow, that's brutal! I cannot imagine the pain her family must be feeling.
Hang in there...thinking about you.

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

BAK Pack Photography said...

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how you feel.
Prayers and good thoughts to you and her family.


❀Beth Ann❀
Taming My Flock of Firsties
bakteach16@gmail.com

Kristy said...

So sorry! Praying for you and the family.
Teachin' First