Saturday, February 25, 2012

4 things 2 are freebies!

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to find a really great idea I saw a few days ago on someone's blog. It is so frustrating not being able to find something. I've got to get my blog ideas more organized!

1. Anywho, while looking through countless blogs for the past few hours I read about the Pinterest permission thingy. You can learn all about it out here on Laura's blog. You need to read the fine print. Basically, you need permission to pin things from my blog. So I'm giving you permission to pin me. It would be nice if you linked back to me.
I won't be pinning anything without permission! Pass this along to all the bloggers and pinners you know.

2. The new core is heavy on writing. So this is a little non-fiction summary organizer I put together for my kiddos. I did it on one page and then after using with my firsties I realized some of them can't write all that small so I re-made it for a 2 pager that I print front to back. It seemed to work much better. My higher kids can use the 1 pager. They didn't seem to care either way. If you teach 2nd grade, the one pager would be great for your kiddos.
Of course, you need to model how to use it first, then we did some together before I let them do it on their own. I have been really impressed with what they have been able to write, even my lower readers.

3. This week we'll be working on the vowel blends ou and ow. So here is a FREEBIE worksheet. Click on the picture to download.
4. I posted a new mini packet on to my shops today. It's an activity for adding -s or -es to words with some worksheets and an anchor chart. My kiddos loved it! It's only $2. Check it out at my TpT or Teacher Notebook shop by clicking on the word.

I can't believe Saturday is over. Where did the weekend go? I wish the week days went as fast as the weekends.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you found something you can use in your classroom!
Have a great SUNDAY!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you!

Barbara said...

Wow! You've been busy. It all looks great :)

Barbara
Grade ONEderful

Unknown said...

The pack looks great!
Jennifer

First Grade Blue SKies

Tina said...

How did I just now find your blog? I am now a follwer!

xyz said...

Yes! Your NF summary sheet looks great. Not only is the Common Core heavy in writing, it's heavy in higher order thinking so I'm so glad to see the Big Ideas boxes, hence why EVERY child needs the opportunity to discover the big ideas, because low readers don't always mean low thinker. Nice work!