Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blends and more blends

I've been tending my grandchildren for the weekend. They are 9, 7, 4, and 18 months old. And can I just say "I'm exhausted!!!" I don't know how their mother keeps up with them. I need a little down time tonight so it's 'blogging time!.
BLENDS
We've been working on blends this week and the next. Here is a little activity for the kiddos to do. Some of my lower ones had a hard time doing this alone but the higher kids loved it. It's called blenders. There is one for l-blends, r-blends and s-blends. The recording sheet goes to all three. Click on the picture for a PDF.



GRAPH
Here is my graph for this week. It's about colors.
DAILY 5
I'm getting ready to launch Daily 5 on Monday. It's been hard to plan because we have a staggered starting schedule. I only have 70 minutes in the morning and again in the afternoon with just half my class that I HAVE to teach literacy. So I'm going to try and do 3 rounds with 2 short teaching times in between. I hope I can make it work. I really need to do something. I have a pretty low group this year and I need to work with my guided reading groups more often and for longer periods of time. I think this will be my answer. Keep your fingers crossed. I found a great blog that has helped me a lot. You might want to check it out if you haven't already. It's by Christina Bainbridge. You'll want to read everything she's shared on Daily 5. You can go HERE to find it.
I hope you have a great weekend. This grandma is going to bed NOW!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the blender activity you have created! It's such a fun and yet educational way to review these important sounds. Thank you!